Member Engagement and Quality Assurance Manager
Job Title: Member Engagement and Quality Assurance Manager
Reports To: TBD
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Member Engagement and QA Manager is tasked with creating exceptional experiences for Members and their families, developing, tracking and overseeing quality assurance functions related to Member outcomes, and case management for all Members. This position is a critical part of enlisting new Members to the NH family of services, helping guide them while at NH, and being the “face” of the agency to the community at large.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides a welcoming and environment for potential Members interested in NH’s program and services.
- Serves as the primary point of contact and/or back-up support for Member referrals from the Regional Center, the Department of Rehabilitation, the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), and family members or other key stakeholders in our area. Provides primary intake for Community Day, Employment Services, and Social Enterprises. Coordinates intakes with Community Living.
- Provides support and guidance for current Members of the New Horizons agency.
Services (CLS), Direct Placement (DP) and New Horizons’ Group Homes.
- Engages in community events and acts as the ‘face of the agency’ at all recruiting events and related community meetings. Actively markets our services to the community and our key stakeholders, including providing tours of the campus as needed.
- Supports the Agency’s mission and collaborates with others to accomplish “Person Centered Planning” and community based service directives for all aspects of program services while at NH.
- Provides and/or coordinates assessments for Members of the agency.
- Coordinates and supervises case management services for Members of the agency to ensure that they are happy with their overall service plan(s), and that New Horizons is meeting their current needs.
- Builds a strong database for referrals for Members that require services outside of the NH network of services.
Data and Outcomes Management
- Creates, maintains and reports on outcomes for all departments related to Member services. Quarterly reports to be provided to the Program Committee, the NH Leadership Team (LT), and the Board of Directors. Works closely and supports the LT to ensure information is accurate and timely. Provides reports to the Board of Directors as needed.
- Working closely with the New Horizons’ IT team and the Director of Business Operations to coordinate input and design of the Member database to ensure that all information is current, relevant and easily accessed.
- Works closely with the Center for Independent Futures team to build opportunities for our Members.
- Provides leadership to the Quality Assurance committee and members of the NH management team.
- Oversees all exit interviews for Members leaving NH programs and services. Tracks outcomes and trends and reports as assigned.
- Reviews decisions related to financial impacts to program change, Member openings, and exits.
Other Duties and Responsiblities
- Provides reciprocal support to the Youth Navigation Center Manager.
- Attends all scheduled meetings and trainings as required.
- Maintains and promotes a professional demeanor at all times.
- Believes in and supports the agency’s mission. Works effectively with co-workers, consumers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listens to and objectively considers ideas and suggestions from others; keeps commitments; keeps others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addresses problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions; addresses others by name, title or other respectful identifiers; and respects the diversity of the New Horizons workforce in actions, words and deeds.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
- Supervises case manager(s) under this division.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual must have a reliable vehicle, proof of vehicle insurance, a valid California Driver License, and a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier if the individual will be transporting consumer.
Education and/or Experience
A BA degree in the human services field or six+ year of experience working with adults with special populations is required. Prior documented supervisory experience is preferred.
Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in English. Bilingual Spanish speaking individual preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk; and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; stoop and kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.