Paid HR Internship – Sept to Nov 30th
Job Title: HR Intern
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Chief Human Resources Officer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The HR Intern assists with Human Resources responsibilities as assigned, with special emphasis on recruiting functions. The HR Intern may perform clerical, data entry, receptionist, special event, and administrative functions in accordance with skill level. The HR Intern may serve as back-up to the Receptionist and supports the HR Team as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops resources for an applicant pool by various and creative measures that include, but are not limited to, job fairs, college student enlistment, networking, and social media.
- Conducts initial screening of candidates to determine appropriateness and work availability. •Coordinates applicant interviews with hiring managers. Schedules meeting date, time, and location. Confirms interview with applicant and provides directions. Greets applicant upon arrival.
- Confirms all employment application documents have been thoroughly completed. Scans documents in accordance with protocols.
- Enters employment application data into spreadsheet as directed.
- Calls references on selected candidates and documents responses.
- After job offer has been confirmed by Recruiting Manager, follows up with applicant to ensure each step of the post-offer process has been completed.
- Processes driver’s license checks and other verifications as directed.
- Schedules new hires for New Hire Orientation. Assists applicants with the online orientation.
- Follows up with new hires during first 30 days to facilitate their success in new position.
- Participates in focus group for college students. Makes recommendations to attract and increase retention of college students.
- Compiles HR metrics and prepares reports that pertain to recruitment, hiring and retention statistics.
- Updates and posts Open Positions at various locations, and provides updates for the Morning Report and website.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the ability to multitask and organize work in an efficient and timely manner to meet the requirements of the job. Work schedule of up to 35 hours, Monday to Friday. There may be occasional hours in the evening and/or on weekends.
Computer proficiency, including Word and Excel, required. Efficient operation of office machines such as copiers is also required. A pleasant telephone personality, the ability to handle a multi-line switchboard, and the ability to interact appropriately with the public are required.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent is required. This position is ideal for a college student majoring in Human Resources who is seeking practical experience in the Human Resource Management field. New grads may be considered.
- Gain professional experience in the field of Human Resources.
•Work closely with all levels of management.
•Valuable hands on training.
Come join the New Horizons family. And, TOGETHER WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!!
Check us out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fU4OPXrK68
Please note: Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will only contact applicants who are selected for an interview.