Have you thought about making a planned gift to New Horizons?
Be a Hero of Horizons!
Written by Frieda Gockel
New Horizons…my hero. They provide so much for my son whose disability falls on the autism spectrum. When my son was in high school, we wondered if he would ever be able to get a job. With New Horizons he has been employed for almost 25 years through Supported Employment.
As a volunteer I have become acquainted with many Members with intellectual and physical disabilities. I have seen how much New Horizons has to offer them and how it seems to be a second home. I have seen Members flourish at New Horizons and enthusiastically take part in and volunteer to help with special events.
Without New Horizons, I don’t know what our or other families would do. It’s why I give my time and support with what I can every year. It’s also why I have included New Horizons as part of our estate plan.
Sometimes, it’s daunting to think about the future. What will happen to my child if I am no longer around, or around but unable to care for him? For us, New Horizons makes that future so much brighter. We know that they are there—because they have been there for 65 years–to help.
But ensuring that they can continue to provide these needed services, takes more than my gratitude, which is why we have chosen to make a gift of tomorrow—a gift that will help to ensure that New Horizons will be there for the next 65 years. And beyond!
I want to make a planned gift to New Horizons.
I have already included a bequest to New Horizons and here is my information.
Tell me more about my options and potential benefits.
Join Heroes of Horizons
- Bequest: Name New Horizons as a beneficiary in your will or trust.
- Life Insurance: Name New Horizons as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
- Retirement Funds or IRAs: Designate New Horizons as a beneficiary of all or a portion of your retirement fund or IRA.
Other ways to make a Planned Gift
If you haven’t given this type of contribution any thought, here are a few examples of the simple common ways to consider making a planned gift to provide for New Horizons today:
- Appreciated Assets such as stock or antiques or real estate.
- Gift Annuities that return income to the donor.
- Life Insurance Policies that are WHOLE LIFE and paid up.
- Donor Advised Funds from a qualified investment account.