Sam’s Cafe Food Service and Banquet Hall Worker – Level 2
Job Title: Sam’s Café Food Service and Banquet Hall Worker – Level 2
Department: Sam’s Cafe
Reports To: Sam’s Café Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Sam’s Café Food Service and Banquet Hall Worker coordinates and maintains daily operations in Sam’s Café. Complies with New Horizons’ policies and procedures on customer satisfaction and service excellence. Works effectively and collaboratively with others toward common goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
DAILY SERVICE – Responsible for preparing and/or building food items while providing customer
service and adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures as assigned. Essential functions and responsibilities of the position will be based on customer and business needs and other duties and tasks as assigned.
- Maintain current Food Handling Certification at all times.
- Adhere to all of the safety regulations as it pertains to food handling and food storage.
- Will wear food safe gloves whenever handling food at all times.
- Implement standards of cleanliness, sanitation and sterilization of equipment and materials used in the kitchen and dining hall.
- Be able to tolerate extreme temperatures associated with the weather, use of ovens, grills, stoves, walk-in refrigerator, walk-in freezer, etc.
- Will clean all surfaces with approved products.
- Will ensure that the building is cleaned throughout the day to ensure sanitary standards.
a. Sam’s Café is swept and mopped daily.
b. Will refill toilet paper, toilet seat covers, and replace urinal screens as needed.
c. Will clean and sanitize toilets, urinals, sinks, stall walls and doors.
d. Will clean all surfaces and mirrors.
e. Will sweep and sanitize mop the entire restroom floor.
- Keep the building clean by emptying all the trash as needed.
- Will practice safety precautions at all times.
BANQUET SERVICE – Assist with customers who are interested in renting the Banquet Hall. Ensure Sam’s Café Banquet and Conference Hall are clean, presentable and fully stocked with necessary products per Agency and customer expectations.
Essential functions and responsibilities of the position will be based on customer and business needs and other duties and task as assigned.
- Will ensure that tables and chairs are cleaned with sanitizer.
- Will bus tables, as needed.
- Required to clean up spills as they occur.
- Will set up and break down tables as needed.
- Will set up chairs and stack chairs as needed.
- Interacts with consumers, staff and customers with a smile.
- Perform room and food set-ups, as requested, includes, but is not limited to sweeping and mopping floors and safely moving tables and chairs.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Attends all scheduled meetings and trainings.
- Believes in and supports the agency’s core values, mission, and vision. Works effectively with co-workers, consumers, volunteers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listens to and objectively considers ideas and suggestions from others; keeps commitments; keeps others informed of work progress, timetables and issues; addresses problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical solutions; addresses others by name, title or other respectful identifiers; and respects the diversity of the New Horizons workforce in actions, words and deeds.
- Maintains the professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with limited abilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to adjust to fluctuating working conditions and work under stringent time frames.
A valid Food Handler’s Certificate; to remain current at all times.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Bilingual in SPANISH required. Ability to speak, comprehend, read and write in English for business operations. Ability to communicate clearly in English and Spanish, verbally and in writing for effective communication with other staff members, vendors, community members, and employees from a diverse cultural and ethnic population.
- Performs a variety of tasks that fulfill operations daily in Sam’s Café.
- Frequent contact with staff and public under a variety of circumstances.
- Subject to interruptions from multiple sources.
- Handles emergency/crisis situations in accordance with New Horizons policy.
- Answers phones; coordinates service calls for equipment.
- Occasional travel may be required.
- Potential risk of exposure to hazards from chemicals (toxic and non-toxic), flammable materials, gas or electrical or radiant energy or equipment with/without moving parts.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with limited abilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60-70 pounds with assistance.