Member Engagement, QA and Resource Specialist
Job Title: Member Engagement, QA and Resource Specialist
Department: Program Administration
Reports To: Senior Director of Member Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Member Engagement, QA and Resource Specialist is a strategic member of the New Horizons team, and is tasked with creating exceptional customer experiences for Members and their families at intake; developing, tracking and overseeing Quality Assurance functions related to Member outcomes, and actively developing the New Horizons Self-Determination program and other resources to support Members’ goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary point of contact for Members and their families for referrals from the Regional Centers, the Department of Rehabilitation, the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), and other external sources. Works closely with each department to ensure a seamless, transparent and successful process is in place for individuals interested in joining the New Horizons team.
- Works closely with program leadership in coordinating the intake process within New Horizons, including Community Living Services, Community Learning Center, Direct Placement, Employment Services, Residential housing options, and other specialized opportunities for training and personal growth.
- Engages in community events and acts as the “face of the agency” for recruiting events and related community meetings. Actively markets our services to the community and our key stakeholders, including coordinating and holding informational sessions, open house events, and providing tours of the campus as needed. Coordinates on-campus visits with new Regional Center staff.
- Drives the initiative and collaborates with others to accomplish “Person Centered Planning” for all aspects of a Members’ services while at NH.
- Provides and/or coordinates initial assessments for Members of the agency.
- Coordinates and supervises case management services for Members of the agency to ensure that they are happy with their overall service plan(s), and that New Horizons is meeting their current needs.
- Prepares yearly surveys for all Members of the NH agency and reports on the outcomes.
Self-Determination and Other Resources
- Works closely with the EVP, CEO, Director of Business Operations and the Senior Director of Member Services to develop, track and manage the newly developed NH Self-Determination (SD) program.
- Works closely with community stakeholders to anticipate programs and services needed/wanted by individuals in the SD program.
- Serves as internal expert on SD program. Prepares annual budget for this program, and reports on successes and challenges as needed.
- Identifies gaps in NH continuum of services and makes recommendations to NH QA and leadership teams.
- Develops contacts and referrals for outsourced and/or collaborative projects with other providers of services.
- Works closely with Community Learning Center in developing contacts for community activities and volunteer opportunities to support Members’ goals.
- Creates and updates a Members Resource Guide for distribution to Members.
- Creates and updates NH Community Partnership Directory for NH leadership.
- Reports on successes and challenges as needed.
Data, Outcomes and QA
- Creates, maintains and reports on Member intakes and program exits for all departments. Quarterly reports to be provided to the Program Committee, the NH Leadership Team (LT), and the Board of Directors. Documents successes and challenges for CARF and other critical stakeholders. Works closely and supports the LT to ensure information is accurate and timely. Provides additional reports to the Board of Directors as needed.
- Coordinates communication and problem-solving with department heads for Members enrolled in services across departments.
- Works closely with the New Horizons’ IT team and the Senior Director of Business Operations to coordinate input and design of the Member database to ensure that all information is current, relevant and easily accessed.
- Provides leadership to the new Member Services Quality Assurance committee.
- Participates in the continuous quality improvement and data-driven decision making processes to assess the efficacy and quality of the programs.
- Ensures Member data is accurate and complete for each prospective and current Member. Confirms there is current authorization or private agreement for all services provided to Members.
- Ensures Members and family members complete and sign communication preferences sheet upon intake, and provides updates to Development.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Attends all required trainings and meetings as directed by the Senior Director of Member Services.
- Serves as member or lead of Project Teams as assigned.
- Supports the Agency’s mission and partners with others to accomplish the goal of enriching the lives of individuals with special needs.
- Maintains the highest professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Performs additional duties, as assigned.
Does not serve as direct supervisor. However, due to the collaborative nature of the responsibilities, the Specialist may provide direction and training to program staff in performance of Member intake and data management functions. Carries out these responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, concepts, ideas, policies, and priorities so that they are readily understood by decision makers. Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends as needed.
Must have excellent customer service and data management skills. Ability to maintain accurate and current data about Member’s services and outcomes.
Ability to facilitate collaboration and coordination with employees serving on project teams together; to consistently demonstrate good judgment, excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
Must have a reliable vehicle, proof of vehicle insurance, a valid California Driver License, and a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier. Must also pass a criminal background clearance and drug screening/test.
Education and/or Experience
Associates degree or two years of experience working with adults with special needs and/or special populations is required. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and/or four years of experience working with adults with special needs and/or special populations is preferred. Demonstrated experience in data management, team collaboration, and customer service is required.
Ability to read, write and interpret documents in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in English. Bilingual Spanish speaking individual preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally is required to stand; walk; stoop and kneel. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.