Job Title: Job Developer
Department: Employment Services
Reports To: Director of Employment Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Develops individual and group job placements in community employment for adults with developmental disabilities (consumers).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Runs the job club for consumers waiting job placement and Vision for Tomorrow for consumers considering community employment.
- Assesses consumer’s abilities, skills, limitations and preferences while they are in the Job Club to determine appropriate job placements.
- Teaches consumers job search skills, including completing an application, interviewing, dressing appropriately, and appropriate workplace behavior and attitude.
- Contacts employers in order to develop individual and group job placements. The expectation is that an average of at least two (2) individual placements will be made each month.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Attends meetings as directed by the Director of Employment Services.
- Supports the Agency’s mission and partners with others to accomplish the mission.
- Maintains the highest professional and ethical standards at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Thorough knowledge of labor market and job development methods; knowledge of vocational barriers faced by adults with developmental disabilities.
The individual must have a reliable vehicle, proof of vehicle insurance, a valid California Drivers License, and a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carriers.
Education and/or Experience
A high school diploma or equivalent; one year experience working with adults with developmental disabilities or a background in sales is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents in English such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write in English routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in English before groups of customers or employees of organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk to hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.